Business Development and Operations Manager (must be 21+)
Business Development and Operations Manager (must be 21+)
80k - 100k · Full time
Summary & Objectives
As the Business Development and Operations Manager, you will be responsible for interviewing, onboarding, training, and managing the sales and operational teams, interacting with the Company’s leadership and suppliers, keeping abreast of new products, and maintaining knowledge on both current and new offerings. Additionally, the candidate will direct and grow sales to on premise and retail outlets on behalf of Company leadership.
You will interface directly with off-premise, on-premise, and chain operators on a daily basis to build profitable value-added business partnerships. You will lead the sales team to drive strategic same store sales and product mix diversity in addition to adding more accounts and delivering quality service, training, and value. You will oversee the operational teams to ensure objectives are being met for logistics, inventory, POS/sample needs, and order fulfillment.
A successful candidate will have effectively demonstrated the ability to influence, provide a unique perspective, engage with customers on linking their priorities to our portfolio and programming, and understand the competitive landscape. This individual should possess the ability to lead a team, strong attention to detail, critical thinking, communication skills, and a drive to win. The position requires a self-motivated, organized, energetic, creative, ambitious person who can thrive in a demanding environment and be an ambassador of our brands.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Increase profitable revenue opportunities.
• Cold call within your geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
• Meet potential customers by growing and leveraging your network.
• Research and build relationships with new potential customers.
• Work with division and corporate team to develop proposals for potential chain customers addressing their needs, concerns, and objectives.
• Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
• Conduct brand education and presentations to new accounts and key contacts in coordination with the local rep.
• Present to and consult management on business trends in effort to develop new promotions, products, and sales opportunities.
• Identify opportunities for promotions and incentives that will lead to an increase in sales.
o Evaluate aged inventory for closeouts
o Coordinate with the office on logistics, pricing, etc.
o Coordinate with the office on inventory levels and the movement of product between warehouse locations
• Distribute allocations and set expectations.
• Use knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
• Coordinate and facilitate supplier market visits/work-withs, trainings, and tasting events/demos.
• Conduct/Coordinate Brand Training for JVS sales force.
• Participate in relevant industry events and networking opportunities, conferences, and trade shows (often held nights and weekends) to showcase the JVS Portfolio and bring greater brand awareness to consumers and buyers.
o Ensure branded attire (T-shirts, polos, or dress shirts) is worn by sales force to create cohesive messaging and company representation.
• Grow Division same store sales growth to meet targeted plans.
• Maintain current knowledge of all selling technology.
• Review and prepare performance reporting.
• Participate in, prepare, and deliver sales meetings.
• Respond to and resolve customer concerns.
• Manage and direct the sales and operational teams to ensure objectives are met and policies are adhered to.
• Regularly attend (virtually and in-person) select on-premise promotional events (to include nights and weekends) to oversee, assist, and evaluate the quality of the promotion.
o This can include groups up to 60 people and would require presentation skills for tasting seminars.
• Ensure demos are regularly performed at chain and independent locations to maintain and increase existing sales volume and prevent items from being discontinued.
• Ability to consistently think outside of the box for new ways to achieve sales and marketing goals in varying local environmental challenges.
• Provide effective and timely sales reporting including keeping account logs submitted to management so that the Company has concise records of performance in the market, this includes pictures and reports of bottles sold during demonstration events.
• Review and manage aged invoices (weekly AR Reports) and assist with collection efforts, making sure sales force is keeping a close eye on and following up with accounts.
• Ensure MailChimp email addresses are sent by reps to office at least once per month.
• Coordinate Social Media promotion for sales force tastings and events with the office and Social Media consultant.
• Ensure new accounts are being opened consistently across the sales force.
• Ensure diversity in product mix across accounts.
• Onboard and train new reps for open territories.
• Perform sales force reviews on a quarterly basis.
• Establish Benchmarking/KPIs by rep.
• Other duties as necessary to effectively meet the expectations of Company leadership.
• Successful Sales Management with experience and track record of growing market share.
• High comfort level in learning new computer systems.
• Ability to communicate clearly on the telephone, in person, and in writing.
• Creative presentation/public speaking and premium selling skills are a must.
• Exceptional organizational, customer service, and internal communication skills, along with strong industry knowledge.
• Well-developed influence and negotiation skills; persistent and persuasive.
• Experience working well both independently and as a team contributor.
• Strong problem solving and Social Media skills.
• Ability to overcome obstacles.
• Ability to execute on projects thoroughly.
• Ability to lead and motivate others.
• Ability to evaluate product performance and make recommendations.
• Ability to learn and be receptive to feedback.
• Ability to lead by example and to set standards for professionalism.
• Ethical conduct and confidentiality.
• Proficient computer and Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, etc.); specifically, with data analysis.
Driving an automobile, working in retail and other venue environments, this role also routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, keyboard, mouse, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax/scanning machines.
A reliable vehicle, current auto insurance, and a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record are required.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
• Physical ability to lift, unload, and carry up to 30 lbs. repetitively and up to 60 lbs. occasionally.
• Physical ability to stand and walk frequently, and be able to drive for a significant period of time.
• Physical ability to occasionally bend, kneel, crouch, climb, reach, or crawl.
• Exposure to a variety of environmental conditions: weather, temperature, lighting, and noise as determined by circumstances at accounts and within the warehouse environment.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, forty (40) hours per week, exempt position and normal work hours include weekend hours with a focus on in-store demos (both tasting & dry) with a minimum of 4 hours on each Friday and Saturday for in-store tastings (when available). Some flexibility in hours is allowed but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours. Travel is required for this position
Required Education and Experience
• Four (4) year college degree in a related field or equivalent field experience.
• Minimum of five (5) years of adult beverage industry sales experience and account management.
• Minimum of three years preferred on the wholesale/importer side
Must complete US Federal I9 form with appropriate identification
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Business Development and Operations Manager is responsible for both themselves and for their direct reports and will be held accountable as such - their relationships with accounts, their relationships with suppliers, their actions and behavior, their professionalism, the way they carry themselves, and their representation of the company.
We offer a benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Long Term Disability, and Short Term Disability Coverage along with Sick Leave, Vacation Time and Holidays. We also offer participation in a Simple IRA Plan.
About JVS Imports
JVS Imports was founded two decades ago with the goal of bringing unique and distinct tastes from around the world to the US.
We are a team of dedicated and passionate individuals that come together in harmony to bring our customers a quality product at a reasonable price.
The true testament of what allows us to thrive is the knowledge, dedication, and willingness that our team holds to bring awareness to the consumer and variety to the retailer.
If this passion is something that you share, we invite you to submit your resume and explore possibilities with us… the future is bright!
The compensation for this position is a combination of base and commission.
More about JVS Wine Imports Inc.:
- Beverages served
- Company features