Texas Market Manager
Texas Market Manager
80k - 120k · Full time
La Tierra de Acre Mezcal is one of the fastest growing mezcal brands in America. We set out to source the best small-batch Mezcaleros, who for generations have been sustainably perfecting their craft throughout the best mezcal producing regions of Mexico and share their creations with our guests at the Acre Baja resort, a lush sanctuary set on 25 acres of abundant greenery tucked away in the foothills of San Jose del Cabo.
The result is a collection of four award-winning mezcals (Espadín, Cenizo, Tobalá, Tepeztate) showcasing the versatility and the beauty of the agave plant. Handcrafted in Oaxaca and Durango, Mexico, every bottle of La Tierra de Acre Mezcal is an uncompromising reflection of the creator's heritage and the land from which they came.
La Tierra de Acre Mezcal is an excuse to gather, catch up with old friends, and meet new ones. It happened every night at the Acre resort, making us realize that we could no longer keep this magical spirit a secret. La Tierra de Acre Mezcal was made to be shared, and we are delighted to be sharing this beautiful selection of mezcals with YOU!
- Drive the distributor’s focus and implementation of sales programming and brand building initiatives throughout Texas
- Understand pricing models and be able to build, adjust and propose pricing scenarios for all channels to achieve desired margin requirements for the Distributor and Brand. Assess ROIs for all channels and ensure we’re always within our guidelines
- Build an annual plan to ensure goals are met and Acre becomes the sought after brand in the Market for trade, consumer and our distributor partners
- Effectively manage mutually agreed upon goals with the distributor as it relates to depletions, distribution and brand amplification
- Monitor this success and adjust accordingly for opportunities or course correct by channel if needed to reach our overall annual goals
- Flawless management of inventory. Build a demand forecast plan in anticipation of a high growth model
- Enact quarterly or bi-monthly incentives and programming with appropriate stakeholders
- Direct On Premise Sales:
- Must be able to develop an intimate understanding of all La Tierra de Acre Mezcal SKUs, sustainability measures and brand story
- Comfort sharing the product with a potential buyer and describing the brand vision to someone who may never heard of us before
- Ability to take a new client through the entire sales process and ensure product is delivered in a timely manner, with frequent follow-up for reorders
- Friendly demeanor and confidence throughout the sales process is a must
- Ability to think creatively and work with our accounts to keep the product moving off their bars
- Communicate with small-medium sized groups for staff trainings and tastings
- Development of sales materials to educate customers
Regional & Independent Off premise Management:
- Work with Distributor teams to present La Tierra de Acre portfolio to key buyers at regional liquor chains throughout Texas
- Manage La Tierra de Acre business within those regional liquor chain partners – joint business planning, proper stock levels, distribution, promotions and pricing initiatives, ensuring margin integrity
- Build and cultivate effective relationships with regional liquor chains relevant within the respective territory and cater to each account to improve market share and growth for all parties
- Conduct regular meetings with regional liquor chain buyers to sell-in new products, programs and promotional activities.
- Review strategies to increase profitability and sales for products and buyers with Nielsen and other sales data platforms.
- Work directly with liquor managers, wine stewards and store directors to maximize exposure of La Tierra de Acre portfolio in the independents and regional chain liquor stores
- Survey the market at store level within assigned territory in order to track distributor execution and competition
- Routinely communicate/report market performance, distributor execution, competitive activity, key account activity to Supervisor and Distributor partners
- Review monthly distributor depletion reports to identify opportunities, underperforming accounts or potential loss of distribution within an account. Take appropriate actions to ensure market objectives are achieved
- Uncover opportunities for events, POS, tools of the trade and any opportunity for brand amplification of our philosophy
- Assist Marketing Team in development of new and existing marketing POS and liaise with various marketing companies to ensure marketing materials are produced in a timely fashion and within marketing budget constraints
- Ensure flawless execution of brand pricing strategy as directed by Supervisor
- Expectations to be in the field calling on accounts to sell in distribution and working with Distributor key personnel 3-4 days/week
- Actively develop and manage relationships with distributor personnel including Channel VPs, Merchandising VPs, Director of Sales, DMs, ADMs and Sales Reps
- Travel when appropriate to call on target account buyers, distributor management and assist in Market blitzes/distributor launches
Regional On Premise & Key Account Management:
- Work with key stakeholders as it pertains to Hotels and Regional On-Premise account groups when possible - develop RFPs, obtain LTOs and build relationships with key hotel partners and regional on-premise buyers
- Develop a plan to target key accounts and build long term partnership programs based on our philosophy vs pricing incentives
- Implement feature cocktail programs, La Tierra de Acre flight programs, and other account partner events.
- Create intimacy around the brand and integrate that with our on-premise partners to reinforce it mirrors/complements their mission
- Ideal Background & Key Attributes:
- Must be able to function effectively in a fast-paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment with an inclusive and respectful approach
- Must understand the importance of the delicate balance of being cautious while maintaining craftsmanship and building a global brand
- Must have a passion for the industry with proven success working within a high-growth, brand building environment
- Strong business acumen with a highly analytical skill set required
- Be a solid, capable leader who possesses the depth of experience to coach and mentor their teammates or potential direct reports
- Must have a strong distributor relationships, understanding how to effectively motivate and manage distributor partners
- Will be responsible for “going deep” in the market and optimizing accounts both on and off premise
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the beverage alcohol industry preferably with experience in both the on/off-premise channel.
- Ability to function effectively in a relationship driven, entrepreneurial business environment
- Agile and adept in adversity
- Ability to learn without coaching at times
- Understand their part in the contribution of building and nurturing of team culture
- Comfortable working remotely in a home office
- Bilingual in English/Spanish nice to have, but not required
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal