50k · Full time
We are seeking a Sales Representative in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to join our rapidly growing wine and spirits sales team.
Are you a dynamic, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individual? Do you excel at forming relationships and providing excellent customer service? Do you enjoy great food, wines and craft spirits? If so, you could be an excellent candidate for our growing sales team.
Vintage Imports, founded in 1980, is an established and successful locally based importer and distributor of wines and spirits. We focus on quality products from the US and around the world, with an emphasis on high-quality, family-owned, boutique producers in addition to some of the top national brands.
• Provide exceptional service to foster ongoing and lasting customer relationships
• Present and sell a portfolio of wines & spirits to restaurants and grocery stores within the sales territory
• Prospect and contact potential new customers
• Continuously improve product/portfolio knowledge
• Host in-store promotional events, such as tastings and/or staff trainings, wine dinners, etc (may include some night/weekend activities)
• Assist customers with proper and effective merchandising, including preferred shelf placement, merchandising, promotional collateral, etc
• Attend monthly sales meetings in Bristol, PA, in person or by Zoom
• Review each customer's individual needs and understand how to tailor sales efforts for maximize ROI
• Provide after-the-sale follow-up and support to ensure customers' success with the product(s)
• Monitor customer receivables and facilitate timely collections
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
• Previous experience in sales, restaurants, or wine and spirits retail
• Basic wine and spirits knowledge (Sommelier certification or similar a plus)
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work experience
• Ability to build rapport with customers and close a sale
• Entrepreneurial drive; must be motivated to work independently
• Impeccably well organized and detail oriented
• Able to formulate creative and innovative strategies to develop business
• Valid driver's license and reliable properly registered and insured vehicle a MUST
• Smartphone & computer skills are essential
• Existing knowledge of territory is important; you must reside in the territory
• Ability to lift 40 lbs
• Base + commission + Bonus
• Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
• 401K with tiered company match
• Disability and Life Insurance benefits
• Home office and vehicle expense reimbursement
• Potential for bonuses and travel rewards
Vintage Imports is an Equal Opportunity Employer.