Retail & Marketing Associate
Retail & Marketing Associate
Manhattan, New York
$20/hr - $23/hr · Full time
Manhattan Wine Company is an integrated wine & spirits retailer and professional, off-site, full-service wine storage and logistics provider. Established in 2006, MWC caters to the needs of wine collectors/consumers and wine trade professionals alike. The Company’s wine storage facility is located just outside NYC in Clifton, NJ with a second wine storage facility scheduled to open at the end of 2022. MWC’s retail shop is located just south of Hudson Yards in the West Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan. We are a growing, family-run organization - extremely focused on customer enjoyment as well as the health, happiness, and development of our employees and business. We aim to dazzle customers and deliver a gold standard of service in our industry. This is a great opportunity to advance your professional skills, join a market leader and learn from passionate industry professionals.
MWC is seeking a motivated team member to report daily to the Company’s shop GM and CEO based in New York, NY. In addition to supporting the shop’s retail needs, this person will also serve as the primary point of contact for all the Company’s wine storage operations passing through the retail shop in Manhattan. We are a small, tight crew passionate about wine with a strong desire to take care of our customers. Previous wine retail experience preferred, but not necessary.
Retail & Marketing Associate Key Job Responsibilities:
Stocking, merchandising, and managing the shops constantly evolving inventory:
Restock regional wine walls, price point tables, white wine fridges, and other higher volume products daily.
Assist in keeping the shop organized, clean, and functional.
Consolidate inventory on an as needed basis.
Take pictures of all products and upload them to the website.
Conduct local deliveries by foot on an as-needed basis.
Assist with wine & spirit tastings and educational events.
Be the single point of contact for all storage & logistics related activity at the shop:
Assist all storage & logistics customers who come to the shop with their storage needs and/or direct them to shop sales staff if they wish to discuss and potentially purchase wine from the shop.
Queue up inbound storage packages dropped off at the shop in the Company’s Warehouse Inventory Management system (IMS).
Notify private storage clients that their pull from the warehouse has physically arrived at the shop and is available for immediate pick-up.
Upload warehouse delivery schedule to our website weekly.
Close out outbound storage packages picked up from the shop in the Company’s IMS.
Field storage and logistics inquiries at the shop and direct them to our warehouse team for quoting or questions.
Become familiar and knowledgeable about the company’s entire suite of products and service capabilities.
Work Hours & Benefits:
The work week is Tuesday through Friday 11am- 7pm and Saturday 12pm- 7pm. The shop is currently closed on Sundays. Please do not apply if you cannot work Saturdays. You may be occasionally asked to stay later to help with tastings/events. Commuter benefits are available.
Additionally, the Company offers the following benefits:
• Medical (majority of premium subsidized by the Company), dental, vision, accident, travel, life and other insurance policies at varying costs to the employee.
• Eligible to participate in 401k plan; all contributions pre-tax; MWC matches up to 3% of employee’s gross income contributed; 3-year vesting on all Employer contributions.
• Paid, pre-approved time off, including: 10 vacation days & 5 sick days.
• Generous discounts on wine purchases
Qualifications / Skills:
• Physical ability to kneel, bend, stand and lift 50lbs regularly.
• Must be 21 years or older.
• A working knowledge of all major wine producing regions
• Desire to improve wine/spirits knowledge
• Proficient computer skills and willingness to learn custom software platforms
• Highly organized, accurate and thorough.
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage time and tasks effectively and independently.
• Assist in creating new processes to improve operational efficiency
• Ability to adapt and be flexible with work schedule and daily duties.
• Perform all duties in a manner consistent with our company’s value of delivering the highest quality customer service in all aspects.
• Attention to Detail
• Desire to please
Retail & Marketing Associate will earn an hourly salary ($20-$23/hr commensurate with experience) plus time & a half for any work week over 40 hours.
More about Manhattan Wine Company:
- Beverages served