NY Sales Specialist
NY Sales Specialist
New York, New York
70k - 85k · Full time
Job Description – New York – Sales Specialist
Position Summary – This is a field-based position dedicated to selling and developing the Volio Imports Portfolio. Focus will be on both on and off premise channels and key accounts. Responsibilities include developing relationships with key customers and wholesaler sales teams.
- Responsible for sales and distribution in specified list of top accounts as well as developing new business in on and off premise customers.
- Identify sales opportunities, e.g. compliance and sell in with planograms, feature and display mandates, distribution authorizations, and execution.
- Measure the effectiveness of volume driving initiatives and improve the impact of these initiatives on sales results.
- Provide support and follow through for key account programming (e.g. program execution including closing mandated distribution gaps).
- Share execution best practices to wholesalers and internal team.
- Provide market intelligence to their Regional Manager, continuously improving Volio approach to highest quality retail execution.
- Develop initiatives for local and regional key accounts.
- Identify market specific business development opportunities.
- Maintain calendar of industry events, winemaker travel and marketplace activities.
- Ensure required reports and expenses are turned in timely and as necessary.
- Manage Travel & Expenses and non-price budgets to company guidelines and deliver on financial goals.
- Achieve monthly sales goals across all Volio Core Brands.
- Visit and review a rotating sample of key accounts within area of responsibility based on sales goals.
- Support local wholesaler with selling in all aspects of the monthly focus for distribution, display and feature support.
- Work with and assist the Regional Sales Director in building an On-Premise and Off-Premise annual business plan including sales, distribution and promotional efforts.
- Execute new product roll-out plans in conjunction with Regional Manager
- Outline and secure tools (POS, pricing, marketing strategy) to achieve plan goals for focus programs.
- Ensure distributor alignment and commitment – Collaborative practices with the distributor’s management and sales representatives.
- Review and evaluate distributor depletions, accounts sold, inventory monthly and mid-monthly with distributor’s channel managers.
- Review and evaluate distributor depletion and accounts sold in relation to Volio’s goals quarterly with distributor’s channel managers.
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or equivalent job experience.
• Minimum three years’ experience in the beverage alcohol industry.
• Proven track record in building great relationships with customers as well as internal associates.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the market, the wine industry, products, and competitive brands.
• Outgoing, self-starter, charismatic and articulate…RELENTLESS!
• Willingness to work non-traditional hours as needed (including nights and weekends).
• Strong math skills with ability to understand pricing.
• Computer literate with the ability to use software applications including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Extensive local travel and frequent overnight travel required within the state.
• Reside in territory - preferably in the New York area.
• Demonstrates diligence and ability to follow through on all commitments.
• Demonstrates strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrates ability to achieve performance goals with minimum direction.
$70-85k + bonus opportunity (based on experience)
Car Allowance Provided
Travel & M&E budget provided
Local candidates only. No recruiter inquiries.
To apply, email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “NY Sales Specialist” in the subject.