Area Manager, North East
Area Manager, North East
New York, New York ·
One of New Zealand’s most innovative beverage producers is seeking a superstar self-starting Area Manager to ignite growth in the US. Invivo is two years into market in the US and in that short period of time has been names Wine Spectator’s ‘Top 100 most exciting wines in the world’, received 15+ 90+ point scores for its first three vintages of Invivo X, SJP and is set to launch a pipeline full of NPD in 2022.
Reporting to the Global Sales Director, this is a pivotal role for driving awareness, distribution, and sales of Invivo & Co brands in the Northeast of the US and will fuel growth of an already rapidly growing company that is setting the wine world alight thanks to its no-nonsense and fun approach.
Taking Invivo & Co to the trade, and with a high degree of autonomy, you will be building plans to be out in the trade to support in building the Invivo & Co brands in your region. Running education, merchandising and trade show programs you will drive distribution, brand activation and sales by engaging with Importer, Distributor and Retailer staff.
• Highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and hardworking.
• Great communicator, both written and verbal. Must be able to tell a story.
• Well presented, professional and approachable.
• Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word and capable utilizing sales activity tracking software solutions.
• Strong Commercial Acumen, a proven history of budget management and positive ROI decision making.
• Experience in working with beverage alcohol wholesalers and an understanding of drivers of beverage alcohol wholesale businesses.
• Hunger to learn and grow your role, abilities, and results.
• Ability to drive and maintain a valid current driver’s license.
• Able to lift up to 60lbs
• Ability to work with many stakeholders, co-ordinating and synchronizing solutions throughout the hierarchy of importer, distributor, and customer organisations, as well as compelling consumer engagement through curated events, consumer trial etc.
• Intimate knowledge of three tier and two tier selling, ideally within import category experience
• Well acquainted with the highly regulated and complex compliance landscape of the US alcohol beverage industry
• Exceptional interpersonal dexterity and advanced skills in diplomacy and communication
• High degree of wine knowledge and familiarity with NZ wine and broader cultures
• Clear understanding of the off-premise and on-premise environments, independent and chain channels as well as a working knowledge of E-Commerce operators
• An existing positive reputation in the market with a depth and breadth of commercially relevant contacts
• Candidates from the NY/NJ/CT area preferred
Why working with Invivo is different:
Founded by two Kiwi wine entrepreneurs, Tim Lightbourne and Rob Cameron, Invivo is one of New Zealand’s leading producers and our mission is to bring people together so great things can happen.
We have a down to earth approach that is relatable to our customers, stakeholders and suppliers and make products that our mates would drink and talk about it the same way – honest, down to earth and no BS!
Founded in 2008, by focusing on our customers’ needs and on innovation, we have grown our business rapidly and Invivo continues to be one of the world’s fastest growing beverage companies. We are one of the Southern Hemisphere’s largest crowdfunded companies and we’ve developed a scalable business model with producer partners all around the world. We operate two wineries and have producer partners in five countries.
Our wines have been awarded more than 300 accolades including World’s Best Sauvignon Trophy and Top 100 wines in the world by Wine Spectator.
We are known for our innovative approach to marketing (just google Invivo dinghy protest and Invivo NFTs to get a taste of what we’re all about) and our authentic and long-term partnerships with Sarah Jessica Parker and Graham Norton, with more on the way.
We are a nimble team and move quickly to lead, and jump on, trends and bring new products to market. Invivo is one of the most talked about wine brands in the press and on social media globally, you won’t be shy of new news to talk to your customers about!