Position Type: Sales Representative
Tradewinds Sales Team is looking for professional wine & spirit experts to join our team.
The appropriate candidate must be well organized, understand basic business math, marketing principles and have impeccable communication skills. The job entails:
- Maintain and grow existing business with current accounts in the assigned territory
- Successfully prospect and open new accounts on an ongoing basis
- Make regular sales calls to designated and potential accounts ensure positive customer relations in the assigned territory.
- Participate in weekly wine & spirits tastings within client base
- Demonstrate flawless sales abilities through successful presentations of our portfolio, the promotion of new and existing product items and the expansion of business.
- Exhibit discipline and resourcefulness to meet or exceed assigned monthly quotas and placement objectives
- Participate in sales meetings and on-site training to remain educated in our portfolio, company policy and industry trends/developments.
- Research, organize and present sales reports/quota attainment results as required by the management.
- Submit weekly scheduled events and account activity recaps.
- Assist customers with inventory management responsibilities (product availability/new product placement and rotation of stock).
- Demonstrate ability to coordinate supplier market visits
In addition to the above, the candidates must present self-integrity, professionalism and full commitment to Tradewinds Specialty Imports responsibilities and policies.
This is not a limited 9 to 5 position. Working hours are flexible, however often include evenings and weekends as needed based on customer's needs.
High School Diploma/GED
Basic understanding of wine and spirits including regions, grape varietals, product descriptions, wine/food pairings, and basic knowledge in hospitality business.
Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, proof of state registration and insurance, and a clear driving record
Lift and carry a 45+ pound case with product.
Goal oriented, focused, and assertive individual who needs little direction or supervision.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Marketing & Communication related field.
1-3 years of industry related sales experience in Wine & Spirits preferable for a Senior Sales position.
Adaptable and able to assist a variety of internal customer groups and varying personality types
Thrive on creating and selling innovative ideas and demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit.
Strong negotiation skills.
Strong analytical skills with the ability to calculate discounts.
Ability to manage multiple tasks throughout the day.
Tradewinds Specialty Imports recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States.
More about Tradewinds Specialty Imports:
- Beverages served