Midwest Regional Manager
Midwest Regional Manager
Annually · Full time
Responsible for building distributor relationships, brand awareness of our core portfolio wines, and achieving our annual sales goals in the Midwest region. Candidate must be a self-motivated, high-energy salesperson, detail-oriented, and passionate about our wines. Must have a track record of developing distributors’ sales teams and calling on key accounts throughout the defined region.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Manage existing markets and open new markets in the Midwest Region (IL, WI, MI, IN, OH, MN, MO, IA, KY)
• Establish clear goals and marketing plans with distributors for the achievement of our sales and shipment goals each year
• Track progress-to-goal of each distributor team and provide feedback on progress to management teams in a timely fashion
• Submit updates to plan and forecast throughout the year to National Sales Manager
• Call on existing accounts and open new ones
• Develop strong added-value partnerships with key accounts and distributors in the “Everybody Wins” philosophy of our company
• Write and maintain key account lists and make placements and sales at these accounts.
• Work with distributor partners to achieve depletion and sales goals
• Communicate approved promotional programs and marketing initiatives to distributors and assist in their implementation
• Be the lead for account programming in the region
• Proactively monitor key account activity and drive growth
• Train and develop distributor sales teams to ensure they have a strong working knowledge of our core portfolio wines, their key selling points, and appropriate pricing
• Conduct sales meetings: expose the brands to sales reps, buyers, and consumers via tastings and trade shows.
• Spend 75% of work time in the market calling on accounts and working with distributor sales representatives
• Show fiscal responsibility in managing travel and other business expenses
• Open new markets and develop new distributor partners in region
• Develop key accounts in region
• Problem solver who works well independently without the need for micromanagement
• Manage regional sales budgets, including pricing structures and promotional programs
• Plan and discuss in advance weekly/monthly/quarterly activities with National Sales Manager on a regular basis
• Report monthly expenses in a timely fashion.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Studies or a related subject preferred
• WSET qualification desired, but not required
• Good knowledge of internatio nal wines, with emphasis on Italy and Spain
• Minimum of 5 years of sales experience at the distributor or importer level
• Ability to travel up throughout the region up to 50% of the time is required
• Experience of managing chain accounts is a plus
• In-depth understanding of business math, pricing, and ROI
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills is a must
• Being passionate about our Core Portfolio Wines and the value they bring the market is essential
• Good sense of humor is a big bonus
We are a young, medium-sized importer of exceptional quality wines. In our portfolio, we feel that each wine has a place in the market, that don’t just fill holes. We have established markets throughout the US and are growing to the point where we need more people who believe in what we’re doing. Our philosophy is “Everybody Wins,” and we love working with people who share in that mentality. We don’t strive to shift a few cases here and there, but to build great, long-lasting partnerships, where everyone benefits. We love people and we love wine.