New York, New York
Annually · Full time
McCabes, an established high-end Upper East Side wine & spirits store, is searching for an experienced and high-energy Spirits Buyer. The ideal candidate has a track-record of exceeding sales goals, is passionate & knowledgeable about our industry, and has a great work ethic and strong leadership skills. Our store has a history of receiving coveted & collectible allocations. This is a great opportunity!
Responsibilities will include:
- Deliver exemplary service by providing recommendations over multiple channels (in-store, phone, email, online)
- Develop and maintain relationships with new/existing guests for reliable everyday sales as well as collector and allocated items
- Craft & oversee the Spirits section by ensuring our product mix aligns with guest demands & evolving market trends
- Manage allocations with suppliers
- Send email offers to guests communicating new/exciting products
- Identify potential new products, meet with distributors to taste and assess
- Monitor inventory by performing frequent cycle counts
- Inform & educate internal staff when new items arrive
- Input & catalog new items into POS; support in entering supplier invoices into POS
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment are essential
- Keyholder responsibilities
- Operate a cash register
- Report to Store Owner
Candidates must be self-motivated, detail oriented and demonstrate strong writing skills. This full-time role requires working nights, weekends and holidays. You must be punctual and have the ability to lift 40lbs.
Please provide a copy of your resume and include in the body of the email a brief description of yourself, the extent of your wine and spirits knowledge and why you would be a good fit for this position. Salary is commensurate with experience.