Washington, District of Columbia
One Eight Distilling LLC, a Washington, DC-based grain-to-glass distillery, seeks a full-time Assistant Distiller to join our team. We expect significant growth over the next few years, so this is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor with room to grow.
Job Description: As an assistant distiller on a small team, you will work on every aspect of production, including milling grains, mashing, fermenting, and distilling spirits, in addition to bottling, labeling, and packaging. The Assistant Distiller must be flexible and willing to wear many hats, including giving tours of the distillery and helping with marketing and promotional events. The position involves occasional evening hours and half days on Saturdays.
Other responsibilities include:
* Thoroughly clean and maintain equipment and the production space to keep a hygienic and hospitable workspace
* Participate in tasting panels to help craft consistent core offerings and fine-tune unique new products
* Maintain detailed production records through our online record-keeping portal
* Read, implement and revise our production SOPs and safety procedures to ensure that every product is produced safely and efficiently
* Previous distilling/brewing experience required
* Proven ability to work with little to no supervision and be able to follow directions
* Be precise and detail-oriented
* Willing to work some long hours, including Saturdays and occasional evenings
* A persistently creative mindset to help us constantly strive for more efficient processes and overall better products
Bonus points if:
* Background in chemistry or lab processes
* Strong mechanical knowledge
* Experience operating a forklift
* Experience in the beverage industry
* Demonstrable interest in spirits and cocktail creation
* Able to frequently reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, and crouch on concrete
* Lift and move at least 50 pounds with traditional lifting techniques
* Capable of working in physically demanding conditions as well as in hot and cold weather
The applicant will be subject to a background check, have a clean driver's license, and show proof of a COVID-19 vaccination. If interested, please submit your resume, three references, and salary requirements to: email@example.com.
One Eight Distilling will not discriminate and will take "affirmative action" measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant based on race, creed, color, national origin, or sex.