Kosta Browne Full Time Estate Host
Kosta Browne Full Time Estate Host
San Luis Obispo, California
Hourly · Full time
SUMMARY: With every bottle, Kosta Browne aims to tell the story of California’s most sought-after wines. We relish in extending our commitment to excellence through our signature approach to hospitality. Be a part of the Hospitality team and join our KB community on this journey.
Estate Hosts are the face of Kosta Browne and form the foundation of our member experiences. We are seeking passionate and collaborative wine enthusiasts to join the team in a full-time position. The Estate Host is a key team member who guides Kosta Browne members through our hospitality experience in-person while assisting in the daily activities of the visitor center.
Kosta Browne is committed to promoting from within and providing ongoing training to ensure success in each employee’s career paths. Each member of the team is hired with growth in mind. We offer competitive salary, gratuity and incentive opportunities, and benefits including medical, dental, vision, vacation, 401(k) with employer contribution, tuition reimbursement, pet insurance, and access to the full Duckhorn Portfolio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The ideal candidate demonstrates a genuine interest in creating memorable, one-of-a-kind tasting experiences while building relationships with our members before, during, and after their visits.
• They take pride in offering high touch hospitality guest experiences through memorable engagement, thoughtful preparation, and follow-up.
• Hosts provide in-depth wine and brand information that encourages purchasing and loyalty.
• Successful members of the Hospitality team are detail-oriented and consistently display a commitment to excellence.
• They ensure smooth daily operations, communicate effectively, graciously accommodate all guests, and display a positive attitude.
• Estate Hosts not only provide exemplary guest experiences, but they sustain relationships with members and aid in the member journey by providing detailed notes, placing orders, and engaging in direct follow up with members and guests to the winery.
• Estate Hosts will periodically support the hospitality program during off-site events, winery events, private meals, and vineyard visits. They will assist in event activation and maintaining brand standards and practices.
• The Estate Host loves and is conversant in great food, wine, and pairings. They are dedicated to expanding their knowledge of fine wine and service and contributing to a constructive, inclusive environment.
• Enthusiasm for wine is key
• Passion for hospitality and frequent interaction with people from all backgrounds
• 2+ years’ experience in hospitality, preferably with a luxury wine brand, in fine dining, or in a public facing role
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
• Professional communication skills, both written and oral
• Computer proficiency: Word, Excel, Outlook
• Experience with engaging in regular customer service correspondence
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to anticipate customer needs and react appropriately
• Preferred knowledge of general winemaking and viticulture techniques
• Knowledge of local wineries, luxury hotels, and fine dining restaurants with a focus on the town of Healdsburg, Russian River Valley, Sonoma Coast, and personal contacts a plus
PHYSICAL AND SCHEDULING REQUIREMENTS:
• Flexible schedule that includes weekends, and occasional evenings and holidays
• Ability to lift 45 pounds.
• Continuously stand for periods up to 90 minutes and walk up to two miles daily
• Must have a clean DMV record, may drive company vehicle
About Kosta Browne Winery and The Duckhorn Portfolio:
Kosta Browne founders, Dan Kosta and Michael Browne started out with humble beginnings while working together in a local restaurant in 1997. Full of passion but short on capital, Michael developed relationships with key growers in Northern California, while Dan, along with the help of a third partner, Chris Costello, worked to market and sell the wines.
In 2011 we were named Wine Spectator’s #1 Wine of the Year with our 2009 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir. It was an honor that could only fuel our steadfast dedication and focus on quality. We have remained committed to embracing innovation, pushing boundaries and we welcome unconventional approaches in the cellar to make irresistible Pinot Noir and Chardonnay wines of elegant intensity.
Through the artful blending of our vineyards and their individual blocks and rows, we strive to create the purest expression of each appellation’s unique personality. In 2019 Kosta Browne joined The Duckhorn Portfolio.
The Duckhorn Portfolio is North America’s premier luxury wine company, with ten renowned wineries, eight state-of-the-art winemaking facilities, seven beautiful tasting rooms and more than 800 coveted acres of vineyards spanning 22 sustainably farmed Estate properties.
Established in 1976, when legendary vintners Dan and Margaret Duckhorn founded Napa Valley’s iconic Duckhorn Vineyards, today, our portfolio features some of North America’s most revered wineries, including Decoy, Paraduxx, Goldeneye, Migration, Canvasback, Calera, Kosta Browne, Greenwing and Postmark.
Our 400+ uniquely passionate and well-tenured employees typically join us for our employee-centric culture and industry-leading benefits and stay for the dynamic colleagues, fast-paced environment, and career development.
More about The Duckhorn Portfolio:
- Beverages served
- Company features
Hospitality groupMulti-stateTasting room