Lady Lake, Florida
$13/hr - $15/hr · Part time
Scope of Responsibilities
Within the spirit of "Making People's Dreams Come True”, this position is responsible for effectively assisting food & beverage services and aiding in the overall logistics of the banquet events by way of set-up, break down, clear communication and teamwork; while maintaining the company’s standard for excellence. Furthermore, it requires to be welcoming & accommodating to all guests, anticipating to the needs of the guests, and responding politely to their requests; throughout the entire event ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction.
This banquet/catering position requires a flexible on call schedule including opening, mid, and closing shifts; day & night events, weekends, and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities for this position include the following; While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions to be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require (this includes, but is not limited to emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technology developments)
• Participating in all pre-event meetings, if applicable.
• Assisting with event preparation, set up, and closing, including setting up bar(s), portable bar(s), beverage station(s), bar tables, chairs, table cloths, place settings, glassware, utensils, service plates, decorations, and other materials needed.
• Polishing flatware and glassware to remove all visible water spots and ensure cleanliness.
• Supporting with pre and post bar inventory counts.
• Maintaining a clean restroom, with restroom checks frequently throughout the event.
• Providing excellent food and beverage service for events.
• Maintaining knowledge of all event policies and procedures.
• Maintaining sense of urgency when working the bar.
• Maintaining all bar duties for overall productivity of banquet events.
• Maintaining positive and professional attitude/mannerism.
• Maintaining a professional well-groomed, neat, and clean appearance.
• Seeking council from management when needed.
• Completing other assigned duties when necessary.
• Maintaining clear and open communication between other team members for overall event success.
• Follow health, safety, sanitation, and alcohol beverage control policies at all times.
• Welcoming guests as they arrive with a friendly, courteous greeting.
• Seeing to the comfort of guests through answering questions, taking orders, explaining specials/preparation methods, conveying special instructions/dietary restrictions to the kitchen, and serving food and beverages – you are the guests’ walking information center, understanding of all event offerings.
• Providing strong customer service, checking on guests and ensuring customer satisfaction – listening to comments or complaints and respond accordingly.
• Anticipating, identifying, and providing for guest needs.
• Ensuring guest satisfaction through food & beverage quality checks.
• Communicating with management, other bar staff, and kitchen staff to keep the event running on time.
• Maintaining cleanliness and sanitation in serving food & beverage, ensuring the area is uncluttered, clean, and tidy, wiping surfaces to keep the area presentable, and cleaning up messes and spills during the event.
• Ensuring exemplary guest service through all forms of banquet service, beverage stations, bartending, running food during events, buffets, plated, replenishing product and supplies in compliance with event standards.
• Check ID’s properly.
• Demonstrate food safety & responsible alcohol service.
• Make drinks to spec/follow recipe guidelines.
• Demonstrate exceptional product knowledge, upsell specialty drinks and feature food items (if applicable).
• Picking up and delivering guests’ choices from kitchen and bar, and delivering accompaniments and condiments.
• Presenting ordered guest food & beverage choices in a prompt, efficient, and friendly manner.
• Observing the dining process and responding to additional guest requirements, guaranteeing guest satisfaction.
• Maintaining event ambiance and bar maintenance by collecting used dishes, glasses, and utensils from tables/bar tables, returning them to the dishwashing area; and replenishing items, refilling glasses as needed.
• Performing all necessary bartender opening, running, side work, and closing duties.
• Collect payments from customers, process credit card transactions, and accurately manage cash transactions (if applicable).
• Directing guests to necessary services, features, and events.
• Working with & supporting other team members to ensure a positive guest experience.
• Building and retaining guest relations and providing superior guest service.
• Concluding the event experience by acknowledging choice of establishment and inviting guests to return, thereby selling the company’s services to future customers.
• Cleaning up after the event by bussing & cleaning bar tables, sweeping floors, and picking up all trash & debris.
• Returning clean equipment to designated storages in compliance with event standards and instructions.
• Restocking bar supplies, liquor/beer/wine products, coolers, stockrooms, glassware, dishes, silverware, and other items to prepare for the next event.
• Properly cover, label, date and refrigerate bar products.
• Maintain proper par levels behind the bar.
• Change kegs when needed.
• Arrange bottles and glasses to make an attractive display.
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• Banquet/catering experience is desired.
• Must obtain Food Handler’s Certification (class provided by company).
• Must obtain a Responsible Alcohol Service Certification (class provided by company).
• Must be 18 years of age.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Management, Staff and customers. English is required for oral and written communications (bilingual, Spanish speaking a plus).
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. This position requires prolonged hand and wrist movement/usage. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is a restaurant/bar setting with the physical demands described and is representative of those an employee typically encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and to extreme hot and cold environments, risk of burn due to extremely hot liquids, and chemicals used in the cleaning process. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
More about The Villages Hospitality:
- Beverages served
- Company features