The Villages, Florida
50k - 64k · Full time
Scope of Responsibilities
Within the spirit of "Making People's Dreams Come True”, this individual will direct kitchen operations like a business owner ensuring that the business is financially successful and that it represents our brand identity in its entirety by positively impacting our operation. He/she will therefore be accountable for the overall financial results of the kitchen restaurant/complex as well as the development and retention of human capital.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• People – to provide a positive “employee life cycle” for all managers and employees during their tenure with The Villages.
• Guest Experience – to provide an authentic experience that makes raving fans out of our guests by adhering to proper menu specifications and attention to detail in food quality and presentation.
• Profit – to operate a financially profitable food and beverage business operation.
• Sales – to grow the business by using innovative sales and marketing concepts.
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions to be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require (this includes but is not limited to emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technology developments).
• Proven track record of managerial success in a fast-paced environment by possessing the experience, ability, and knowledge to move the business forward financially while focusing on human capital.
• Strong leadership behaviors coupled with the technical skillset to drive the business toward success.
• Proven track record of making high-quality decisions and the ability to make complex decisions.
• Adherence to health/safety, food safety and alcohol consumption regulations.
• Applicable standard of education is required (Associate's degree - A.A. or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and/or two years’ experience in the hospitality industry with some management experience preferred.
• Culinary experience in multi-functional organizations that offer a variety of menu options (banquets, unique menu offerings, large group functions, small private functions).
• Proper execution of menu for all guests including groups and banquets.
• Professional experience working with inventory systems, purchasing/receiving and food/beverage vendors.
• Core Competencies:
o Understanding the Business – Business Acumen, Functional/Technical Skills, Customer Focus.
o Making Complex Decisions – Decision Quality, Problem Solving.
o Getting Organized – Priority Setting, Time Management.
o Getting Work Done Through Others – Delegation, Developing Direct Reports, Confronting Direct Reports.
o Energy and Drive – Drive for Results, Action Oriented.
o Inspiring Others – Managing Vision and Purpose, Motivating Others, Building Effective Teams.
o Managing Relationships – Managing Diversity, Managerial Courage.
o Acting with Honor and Character – Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust.
o Being Open and Receptive – Listening, Composure, Approachability.
o Hiring and Staffing.
• Coordinate operations between departments.
• Teach/coach and document employees who fail to meet standards to maintain a high-quality workforce.
• Present a professional image to employees, guests, clients, owners and investors.
• Attend client functions and designated parties to provide support, ensure guest satisfaction and promote future business.
• Build business/market share by thinking of new ways to promote the company and by participating in local events to increase sales and profits.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships within the business and social community.
• Spearhead philanthropic initiatives.
• Work as a team, helping all employees to complete the required activities that ensure we blow away guest expectations.
• Maintain a low employee turnover rate and high morale.
• Operate ethically to protect the image of The Villages.
• Finish assigned AOR’s promptly.
• Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing.
• Comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Multiple language abilities a plus, fluency in English required.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Consistently sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
• Occasionally sit and walk and lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include the ability to see clearly at 20 inches or less.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to walk, stand, sit and use hands for computer operations. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is an office setting with the physical demands described and is representative of those an employee typically encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
More about The Villages Hospitality:
- Beverages served
- Company features