$18/hr - $25/hr · Full time
Joseph Jewell Wines is a growing brand located in Forestville, CA producing Pinot Noir from Humboldt & Sonoma Counties.
We strive to create elegant, balanced wines that let the vineyard and vintage shine. Our philosophy requires that the wine pair naturally with food, but also be able to stand on its own whenever the occasion requires. Our ultimate goal is to produce distinctive, soulful, and delicious vineyard-designated wines.
The Hospitality Lead will provide personable customer service to all tasting room guests, wine club members and online customers while creatively contributing to the growth of the business by demonstrating the following:
• Host new guests, wine club members, corporate clients and industry members at our downtown Forestville tasting room, vineyard location five minutes away, and virtually
• Coordinate with local food vendors for hospitality catering
• Book guest reservations and liaise with local concierge to assist in booking experiences
• Manage customer POS files (processing orders, ensuring accuracy of data, etc.)
• Assist with all development, coordination and execution of Winery and Club Member events
• Provide personable, engaging customer service to all guests and members
• Meet and exceed sales goals
• Maintain tasting room wine inventory and shipping materials
• Assist with the processing of club shipments and all other tasks as required
• Perform local outreach to drive new guest traffic and occasional off-site pourings
• Wanting to learn, grow, and engage with all aspects of the business
Qualifications and Skills
• You’re a down to earth, instinctual, communicative, people person. People enjoy working and speaking with you.
• You’re knowledgeable about wine and have successful sales experience
• At least 1 year experience in Wine Retail and/or Wine Club Coordination (or equivalent)
• WSET/CMS or equivalent certification is a bonus, but not required
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Vinespring, Square
• Excellent attention to detail
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
• Must be able to work Wednesday-Sunday, including occasional evenings and holidays
Full-Time. Competitive hourly rate (DOE) plus sales commission, gratuity and wine club signup incentives. This position has a lot of room to grow as the brand grows over the next 6 - 12 months.