Trade Marketing Specialist
Trade Marketing Specialist
New York, New York
$65000/hr · Full time
Colangelo & Partners (www.colangelopr.com) is the leading fine wine and spirits integrated communications agency in the United States, sought after by top brands and industry players for the quality of their results, creativity, and return on investment. The professionals at Colangelo & Partners work with integrity and passion to influence how US audiences perceive their clients: Earning consistent, high-quality positive media coverage; organizing signature events; strategizing and executing standout digital campaigns; and implementing trade programs that strengthen relationships within the industry. Colangelo & Partners' clientele includes global, instantly-recognizable brands and passionate, up-and-coming vignerons and distillers; regional and national institutions; and technology and e-commerce companies innovating in the beverage alcohol sector.
Trade Marketing Manager
Industry paradigms are changing quickly and there are new opportunities to integrate communications and sales. This is an exciting opportunity for a wine & spirits trade professional to create new models of integrated branding and sales promotion campaigns.
The ideal candidate must be able to perform a variety of tasks, have strong negotiation skills, and a background in beverage alcohol sales.
● Recruit and manage wine & spirits retailers and restaurants for participation in integrated marketing programs, events and sales promotions
● Recruit and coordinate with importers to ensure program buy in, support for and participation in sales promotions
● Build a network of industry decision-makers (buyers, retail chain CMO’s and category managers, importer and distributor brand managers, executives, and principals) for the implementation of events and promotions
● Work with agency account teams to develop and implement innovative, new-concept integrated promotions that build brands and drive sales for wine and spirits producers and trade groups
● Work to create metrics to evaluate pre-program potential and post-program volume/ share gains program participating clients.
● Track budgets to insure that all spending is within program parameters
● Effectively communicate progress against program deliverables
● Add value to the retail partners so that agency clients can leverage performance for maximum return on investment.
● Work to maximize shelf and promotional presence with each key account.
● Review sales performance against plans and objectives to identify opportunities for brands and the organization moving forward.
● 5+ years of marketing and/or sales experience at an alcoholic beverage importer, distributor or experience working directly for a wine or spirit brand
● Distributor, importer, retail and restaurant industry contacts
● Background/interest in marketing & communications
● Strong writing skills
● Strong sales skills
● Self-starter able to work independently as well as work within a team
● A demonstrated record of success in establishing and delivering sales goals and implementing strategic initiatives.
● Experience in customer service (either internal or external), strong project management skills, attention to detail, sense of urgency and personal accountability.
● An entrepreneurial approach to managing their business and experience working in a smaller team environment.
● High tolerance for multi-tasking, flexible and thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced executional environment.
● A track record for effectively managing budgets and maximizing returns on investment.
● Work in association with distributor teams in calling on key national and regional accounts and develop/ maintain individual relationships. Work to permeate customer organizations to increase agency clients visibility at the point of sale.
● Current driver’s license, clean driving record.
● Location: Flexible (preferred in the NY metro or San Francisco Bay areas)
● Salary: $65,000 (negotiable based on experience)
● Benefits to our employees include medical and dental insurance, 401K contribution matching, flexibility with Summer hours, and a paid leave policy including PTO for service, personal time and Summer Fridays. Benefits also extend to company-paid training programs, performance-based incentives, and the opportunity to work between the New York and San Francisco offices.
● We encourage you to help us grow: new business bonuses, employee referral program.
● We want you to continue to learn: Education and training programs whether they be part of our in-house curriculum or subsidizing courses at accredited institutions
● We not only want to know our client’s communications goals, we want to understand their product from the glass as well! This means weekly happy hours, group outings to wineries and wine bars and more.