New York, New York
Verity Wine Partners is an established New York-based national importer and distributor of fine wines and spirits. Founded in September 2009, the Verity portfolio includes world-class wines from Italy, France, California, Oregon, Washington, South America, and other top regions, and exceptional spirits from around the world.
If you are interested in outside sales to restaurants and retailers; working with an organization that is forward-thinking and willing to sell brands that are extraordinary, chic and contemporary, please contact us.
Successful candidates must be able to:
• Contribute to our business growth in his or her territory by increasing his or her contact rate.
• Boost market saturation by landing and increasing new business opportunities.
• Turn prospect visits into new clients.
• Effectively manage time.
• Adroitly shift focus and strategy to maximize success.
• Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
• Upsell current accounts by landing additional sales with current customers.
• Use existing technical and digital supports to improve and/or increase sales.
• Follow up with customers as needed.
• Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule.
• Maintain an active schedule of face-to-face appointments and prospecting.
• Represent Verity at company-sponsored and community events.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
• BS/BA degree or equivalent a plus.
• Two years minimum experience as a sales representative selling wine and spirits a plus.
• Two years minimum experience in selling goods or services or four years’ experience in customer service.
• A strong track record of consistent revenue growth.
• The ability to exceed expectations in a results-oriented environment.
• Professional written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
• Familiarity with BRM and CRM practices.
• Ability to build productive business and professional relationships.
• Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales.
• Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills.
• Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the clients’ needs.
• Relationship management skills and openness to feedback.