Head of Sales
Head of Sales
San Francisco, California
Troop Beverage Co. is seeking a Head of Sales to be one of the earliest and most impactful employees at a company that’s changing what it means to drink. We’re crafting the most delicious canned cocktails in the market with 100% real ingredients and a social mission. If you’re passionate about people, growth, and shaking up the world of alcohol, this is the role for you.
JOIN THE TROOP
Troop is seeking an experienced sales leader in the Bay Area to drive sales and grow the troop. Since launching in May 2019, we’re now sold in 100+ placements in California and Colorado, including Whole Foods, Total Wine, Nugget Markets, Bi-Rite, and more. We need you to take our growth to the next level.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to build and lead a sales team from the ground up. You’ll showcase your ingenuity and entrepreneurial spirit by getting Troop’s canned cocktails into new accounts, expanding sales in existing accounts, and building relationships with buyers and customers alike. This is an early-hire position reporting directly to the CEO and a key player at a fast-growing startup in one of alcohol’s hottest segments.
The ideal candidate should possess a passion for cocktails, demonstrated sales success in a consumer goods or alcoholic beverage sales role, excellent customer service skills, the ability to build and maintain relationships, and an entrepreneurial spirit that isn't afraid of the hustle & grind. Existing alcohol and/or retail relationships required.
We’re small now, but we’re on our way to becoming the biggest and best ready-to-drink cocktail in the market. This role provides you with an opportunity to get in early, earn equity, and make an impact on the next big brand in alcohol.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including a base salary, compensation plan, expenses, and equity package.
In this role you will:
- Be the "face" of Troop
- Create and execute Troop’s comprehensive sales strategy
- Hire and manage a team of sales representatives across various markets
- Be responsible for all Troop sales
- Land new accounts and expand volume in existing accounts
- Set and achieve monthly sales goals
- Report weekly to the CEO on activity in the territory
- Represent Troop at events and promotional in-store tastings
- Communicate consistently and frequently with each account in the territory to drive repeat orders
In this role you will need:
- 21+ (it’s a cocktail company, after all…)
- Ready to be employee #3 at a startup
- 5+ years experience in a consumer goods or alcohol sales role
- Proven leadership, integrity, loyalty, and a good sense of humor
- Exceptional communication and selling skills
- Strong organizational habits and demonstrated critical thinking/problem-solving skills
- Ability to work full-time, including some evenings and weekends (flexible schedule)
- Patient, persistent, and goal-oriented with a demonstrated track record of sales development
- Access to a car and a safe driving record
MORE ABOUT TROOP
Co-founders CC and Reed founded Troop in 2018 with the mission to change what it means to drink. Cocktails are the ultimate connector of people, but the only choices were drinking them in loud, dark bars, or drinking pre-mixed monstrosities packed with sugar and chemical flavors. We saw a better way.
At Troop, we drink differently. We believe in quality over quantity. Freshness over fussiness. Full flavored over watered down. Because we’re here for a new class of drinkers, and this one is for them: A real cocktail with craft spirits and honest ingredients in a ready-to-go, let’s-make-some-memories can. We're inspiring a new social scene, one sip at a time.
Since launching in May 2019, Troop has expanded in California and Colorado. We’re now sold in 100+ stores, including Whole Foods, Nugget Markets, Total Wine, Bi-Rite and more. We’re growing quickly and want you on our team to take Troop to the next level.
Learn more at www.drinktroop.com or on Instagram @drinktroop.
More about Troop Beverage Co.:
- Beverages served