Accounts Receivable Specialist
Accounts Receivable Specialist
Performs a variety of accounting, analysis, and collection functions to ensure timely and accurate processing of customer payments.
This position is eligible to participate in the company's hybrid work model and provides the option to work remotely 2-days a week.
- Apply customer payments; verify deposits and post to accounts receivable which involves moderate to heavy typing.
- Prepare daily bank deposit which involves manual sorting of checks and keying of deposit information
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Contact customers to investigate complaints
- Verify the accuracy of charges and correct any problems with accounts which require manual research in file boxes
- Review aged accounts receivable daily; contact delinquent accounts to request payment; record and monitor payment plans
- Maintain notifications to ABCC regarding Daily Delinquency lists which requires manual keying into the AR system
- Release orders for delivery in Accounts Receivable system
- Make recommendations on raising or lowering credit limits based on payment record
- Duplicate, file, and retrieve accounts receivable material as needed which requires manual research in file boxes
- Answer phones and process orders as needed
- Handle additional assignments from the Manager as required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Strong analytical skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to handle time-sensitive initiatives
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Team Player who collaborates well with others
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 2-3 years of experience in Accounts Receivable or related accounting role
- College degree or equivalent work experience/training/education preferred
Physical Demands and Environment:
- Work performed requires or no measurable physical exertion, may be required to lift objects weighing up to 10 pounds
- Work requires the employee to bend, kneel, crouch, crawl or reach as may be necessary to accomplish tasks
- Work requires considerable mental concentration to effectively execute complex tasks requiring periods of focused mental and visual concentration
- Works in a normal office environment
- Minimal potential for injury in the performance of duties
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Earned Time Off (ET0)
- Earned Sick Time
Martignetti Companies prides itself on being a company where you can bring your best self to work every day. We strive to be an employer of choice where everyone feels that they belong. We do so by acting on our commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and offering a substantial benefits package that includes generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision insurance, a comprehensive 401K plan, and employee discounts. All are welcome to apply to work for a company that truly believes its employees are its greatest asset!
Martignetti Companies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Martignetti Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
More about Martignetti Companies:
- Beverages served