Clifton, New Jersey
55k · Full time
Manhattan Wine Company located in Clifton, NJ is looking for an experienced inventory specialist/wine steward to join our growing team. MWC (mwcwine.com) was founded in 2006 as a customer-first, full-service wine storage provider in northern New Jersey. Over more than a decade, MWC has established a reputation for excellent service and integrity in the storage and transportation of fine and rare wines in the NYC metro market and beyond. We are always looking to add humble, hungry and eager-to-please staff to our team. Applicants must submit a resume along with work experience and referrals to be considered for this position.
We seek an individual with substantial preexisting wine knowledge, particularly in the swift and accurate identification of specific bottlings based on labels or other clear markers. The position requires a hard-working, motivated and passionate individual to jump in with an experienced staff, work in a fast-paced warehouse environment and learn a sophisticated inventory management system. Being organized, extremely detail oriented and having a positive, can-do attitude will help you thrive here!
This position can be full-time or part-time. Standard warehouse hours begin at 8:30 AM until approximately 5:30 PM Monday through Friday. For hourly employees, there are plenty of opportunities for overtime hours (1.5x regular pay) beyond 40 hours per week. Holiday and/or high shipping season may require longer hours.
• Inbound property accurately into private collector accounts, using proprietary inventory software to capture vintage, bottle size, and bottle quantity paired to a specific wine description from a pre-existing list.
• Capture any irregular bottle conditions (signs of seepage, torn labels, missing neck tags, etc.) and document and inform client of such.
• Scan inventoried cases to bar coded shelving locations throughout the warehouse for safe long-term storage.
• Outbound property accurately using pull sheets and handheld scanner devices. Safely pack and label property for ultimate fulfillment.
• Work independently after first collaboratively prioritizing the day’s activities with other team members.
• Maintain a clean, functional workspace.
Additional duties as needed:
• Assist in loading and unloading pickup/delivery vehicles throughout the day.
• Prepare outbound common carrier shipments.
• Courteously answer incoming telephone calls and route to appropriate team member.
• Perform cellar relocation work packing property in residential cellars.
• Although not mandatory, preference given to individuals who have completed WSET or CSW certification. Must be able to demonstrate ability to identify wine bottlings from across all wine regions down to the granular level of AP numbers, grower Champagne disgorgement dates or base years, color coded wax capsules, etc.
• All suitable applicants will be subjected to criminal background checks.
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
• Strong, thorough communication skills both verbally and written. Willingness to stop and ask questions and minimize avoidable errors.
• Ability to push, pull, stand, walk, bend, squat, twist and lift up to 50 pounds repetitively.
• Ability to safely operate pallet jacks and hand truck.
• Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and complete them in required timeframe.
• Must maintain professional dress code and grooming standards while working. Must maintain and adhere to company standards, policies, regulations, and procedures. Must always be able to represent company with a positive attitude.
• Candidate must be able to provide their own transportation to and from the warehouse New Jersey on all workdays.
Full Time Position: $55,000 and up--commensurate with experience
Part-Time Position: $25.00/hour and up—commensurate with experience
BENEFITS (Please note that benefits are only eligible for employees working 30 plus hours per week)
• Eligible to participate in medical insurance program: 30 days after start date; ~80% of premium paid by MWC.
• Dental, Vision and Other Benefits available at Employees option/expense.
• Eligible to participate in 401k plan; MWC matches up to 3% of employee’s gross income contributed.
• Online Commuter Benefits Program available.
• Paid Time Off: 10 vacation days and 5 sick/personal days annually plus most federal holidays.
Manhattan Wine Company considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status.